- An author and professional speaker and consultant.
- Host a weekly Radio Show in the Twin Cities and online at Doug Pagitt Radio.com
- The founder of Solomon’s Porch, a holistic missional Christian community in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- One of the founders of Emergent Village, a social network of Christians around the world.
- Co-owner, with Tony Jones, of Social Media Training company called Social Phonics and an event company called The JoPa Group.
- Doug has been married to Shelley since 1988 and they are parents of four young adults.
Doug is a graduate of:
- Meadowbrook Elementary School (1976)
- North Junior High (1981)
- Hopkins High School (1984)
- Bethel University (1988 — Anthropology)
- Bethel Theological Seminary (1992 – Masters of Arts in Theology)
Doug has worked in churches, for a non-profit foundation and owns three businesses in Minneapolis.
Doug seeks to find creative, entrepreneurial, generative ways to join in the hopes, dreams and desires God has for the world.
Doug is the author of numerous books including:
Church in the Inventive Age (SparkHouse 2010), Preaching in the Inventive Age (SparkHouse 2011), Community in the Inventive Age (SparkHouse 2011), Evangelism in the Inventive Age (SparkHouse 2012), A Christianity Worth Believing (Jossey-Bass 2008), and BodyPrayer (Waterbrook 2005). I am the co-editor of An Emergent Manifesto of Hope (Baker Books 2007). I have contributed to numerous books, including The Post-Evangelical (Zondervan 2003), Practioners (Regal 2006), and Listening To The Beliefs of the Emerging Church (Zondervan 2007).